Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Reflections



My Heavenly Father Loves Me
By: Clara W. McMaster, 1904–1997

Whenever I hear the song of a bird

Or look at the blue, blue sky,

Whenever I feel the rain on my face

Or the wind as it rushes by,

Whenever I touch a velvet rose

Or walk by our lilac tree,

I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world

Heav’nly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.

He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.

He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently

For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.


"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good..."
Genesis 1:31

Have a beautiful Sunday~

4 comments:

  1. This makes me cry! This was sung at my Aunts funeral and every time I hear it I get teary eyed! Thank you for the gentle reminder to take a second and be grateful for all the little things in life that the Lord has blessed us with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I love to hear the young children at church sing this song:)

    PS: The name of the thrift store is Treasures & Things.... SW corner of Gilbert/Southern. You will L.O.V.E. it! Have fun and promise to post anything you buy on here so we can swoon over your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! And what a great reminder of what we need to be focusing on.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read them ALL! Please let me know how you found me and thanks for visiting!